cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DMS Connector issues

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have deployed DMS Connector on the Portal. Here are few issues we are running in to

1) Object links: Object link information for a DIR is not being shown up in additional tab in the context menu next to the DIR on the portal. Infact I cannot see additional tab in the context menu -->details >settings)properties.

And as per SAP :

*If more document data exists for the document info record, it is displayed on additional tab pages:*

*· Additional Data for the classification data*

*· Object Links for links to other objects*

We have the latest version of the business package deployed.

2) Editing of the document: Edit locally option gives an error message saying operation failed , even when the document is checked in to storage category through KRPO in the backend.Also when tried to edit the document from the backend , system throws a message saying the document is checked out by the xxxxxx USER (RFC) for processing,

SAP Recommends to implement the following notes for handling the Documents in the portal.

783913 - DMS: It is not possible to check in to vault from WebGUI

820897 - DMS: Check-in from table content fails

I dont think these notes are applicable here, also i have the required Document manager role.

Can some one throw some light on these issues??

Points for sure!!

Krishna

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Could you please share your knowledge on connecting DMS on Portal..if you give in detailed steps then it will be very helpful.

Thank You,

Manoj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

If the system system throws a message saying the document is checked out by the xxxxxx USER (RFC) for processing, then it means that this file is currently being edited by some user.

once the file is in check-out mode then till it is checked in back or done undo-checkout by the particular user we cannot do any changes to that attached document.

Thank You,

Manoj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manoj,

Thanks for the prompt reply, I understand what you are talking abt, but i get this error operation failed when i try to edit the document in the portal, and if i try to edit the same from the backend , it says the rfc user has checked out document for processing (which makes sense as you said). But my question is if the document is checked out to the rfc user in the front end , why does it give me an error. Am i missing on to anything here. Please let me know.

Krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Solved the object link issue by myself..

Please throw some light on the second issue!!