cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot Import Qualified record in DataManager

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guru's,

I am trying to Import data in Datamanger thrugh Excel ..Only main Table data gets updated and none of the qualified table dat gets updated ..

What could be the reason for this..

I first exported the data in excel( to keep consistency in format)..changed the data in Excel and then reimported back ..But NONE of the data in Qualified look up got changed..

Please let me know if i am missing any settings..

Regards

Vikrant M Kelkar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vikrant,

In both cases you need to map the non-qualifier fields of Qualified table. If your Qualified table has more than one non-qualifiers and both are display fields than map the source fields accordingly and select both the source fields right click and say create Compound field. It will automatically create one field and map it with the destination field.

Also the below links would be useful for you

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/c03240fa-cc3e-2b10-aa9a-a5798e31...

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/00a15239-684e-2b10-b8ae-b936b7d1...

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Edited by: Jitesh Talreja on Oct 14, 2008 10:10 AM

Edited by: Jitesh Talreja on Oct 14, 2008 10:11 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jitesh,

While IMportinng in data manger theres no place where we can map fields..

Do you mean to say that i need to map this excel sheet first in Import manager save it and then import data through datamanger..

But as i said i dont wnat to import data automaticall ..Iw ill import data manually in Data manger?

Please let me know ..

Regards

Vikrant M Kelkar...

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vikrant,

Sorry i didn't get you before.

I tried importing data through Data Manager. What you have to do is first export the data into Excel and select 2-3 main table fields and only one Qualified table field. Select the check box Qualifier you will get the list of Qualifiers available for that table, select one or two and export the records.

Once done modify the excel file exactly what you were importing before and import that again. You will get the options of updating or replacing the records. Also you will get the options for Qualified tables as welll like whether you want to Append the qualified links or Replace the existing ones.

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jitesh ,

I was doing exactly the same as you have mentioned in your last post..Only the difference was i didnt realize that i need to map this export file save this map in Import manager ..and again try to import from datamanger ..

and it works..

Although it works..Still didnt get the logic ..because while importing records from datamanger ..I dont know weather system looks for some map or so or whether it sees Import manager (because its a manual import)..

Thanks a Lot Jitesh and everyone ..

Rewarded/Awarded points ..

Cheers!!

Vikrant M Kelkar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vikrant,

I think there is some mis understanding. This import is nothing to do with Import Manager. The only point i want you to focus on is the Import Fields. It only recognise the fields present in the repository i.e. Field names present in the repository should be exactly same as that of fields to be imported. The reason why we export first and then imported again is to get the Field names i.e. how MDM recognising the fields of qualified tables.

Thought of sharing this just for your knowledge. If you need any clarifications please ask

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jitesh,

Ok Lets start again ..Initially i had done exactly as discussed that is ..exported record saved the excel..Changed the values and imported to see the changes but it never updated values in Qualified lookup table and updated values only for fields in Main table..

So what i did was exported the excel ..Opened this with Import manger and mapped it ..saved the map..closed import manger ..and now again in DataManger Imported this excel and it worked..it did update values in Qualified table..

That was the reason i was confused why i had to map in Import manger and it worked ..

Didint get the logic..

I hope i have not confused you or any other readers of this note..

Cheers

Vikrant M Kelkar..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vikrant,

I didn't even open the Import Manager. What I did is I opened the Data Manager and exported the records (only 1 main table field, Non-qualifier and qualifier). I have modified the Excel,saved it and Imported again. All the fields were recognised by Data Manager, selected the main table field for Key mapping. One of my record matched with the one already exists and for that my import action was to Update Record and for qualified i selected Append option. For 2 record again my action was Update record and qualifed was Replace and got the desired result.

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vikrant,

Importing Qualified table:

For mapping qualifed table, first you need to map the non qualifiers.Once this is done, you can map the qualifiers with the main table data records. The point to be considered here is if your qualified table has more than one non qualifier, make sure to make a compound field and map it with the combination of yuur non qualifiers field.Unless this is done you wont be able to mao the qualifier fields with the main table data records.

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Minaz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vikrant,

Just check whether you have mapped the NON-QUALIFIER field of qualified table.

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jitesh,

Iam not Importing data via MDIS route ..I am trying to bring in data with help of excel sheet..

DataMAnagerFileInport--Excel..

Cheers

Vikrant M Kelkar