cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to configure bo connection to sap bw7.0 ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello experts,

I want to create a connection between bo 11.5 and sap bw7.0. plz give me the detailed step by step instruction,

thanks!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks Ingo,Roland and Kalpesh .

Former Member
0 Kudos

how to import integration kit for SAP Transports in my SAP BI7 ??

such as

• Open SQL Connectivity transport (K900308.r21 and R900308.r21)

another question, i can't browse "buiness objects java infoview for SAP", is it need to install same .war file in my websphere server6.1 ? what's the file name ?

system info and version:

sap bi7

bo xi2.0

integration kit for SAP xi2.0

thanks very much for your help!!!!

roland_hoeller2
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Xwu

If you just use universes and not Crystal Reports the transport files are not needed (you do need some transports if you would like to use the SAP authentication in the CMC)

The SAP Infoview is calle sap_desktop.war

Roland

IngoH
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

the transports are standard ABAP Transports that you can import via standard SAP mechanism.

In regards to the WAR files I would suggest you look at the installation guide for BusinessObjects Enterprise which does include the guidance on how to deploy the WAR files. You should be able to find it on help.sap.com

Ingo

kalpesh_pandey
Contributor
0 Kudos

I Just want to add than even in BO XI 3.0 when you go to designer to create SAP connection then you will not find any connection for SAP BI 7.0. The connection which is there for BW 4.x or 3.x will work fine. BO still has to update this connection name but it works fine with BI 7.0.

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

i have config xi2 to connect to sapbi7 in cmc, but i can't login

bo java infoview for java. it shows

"An error has occurred: java.lang.NullPointerException"

besides, when i try to create universe use sap connection, it only has sap business warehouse 3.x datasource / sap client?

xi2.0 can't access to sapbw7.0 datasource ??

thanks a lot!!!

IngoH
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

please check the supported platforms for XIR2. the release that supports BI 7 for SAP is XIr3.x

ingo

IngoH
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

look at some of my blogs. They are mainly for release XI r 3.0 but you should be able to leverage it for Xi r2 as well.

Install Part #1

Install Part #2

Install Part #3

Install Part #4

SAP Authentication

Ingo