cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bin Data in Warehouse Management

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear SAP Expert,

I have a problem with clearing WM stock. There is a need for user to restructure their warehouse by create new storage bin and delete old storage bin, in the same time, user want to perform WM stock take. WM stock take is defined as clearing all WM stock from all storage bin, so WM will not have any material stock, change storage bin, and insert newly counted stock back to WM into new storage bin. Due to scope and schedule limitation, it is decided that stock take will not be performed at IM level, but only just in WM level.

There is some question i want to ask :

1. How to clear stock from all storage bin in WM without impacting stock level in IM. As far as i know, to remove stock from WM needs material document. Can i perform manual TR to remove stock from WM?

2. After all of the operation, if counted WM stock different from IM stock, can i use clear difference from physical inventory at IM to synchronize IM and WM stock?

Thank you very much for your help.

Edited by: Rumata on Oct 14, 2008 5:34 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear expert,

I think i should make the question clear:

1. Is it possible to clean up stock in WM without impacting Inventory Management(zeroing all stock quantity in WM with no impact in Inventory Management) and without separating WM and Inventory Management?

2. What is the best practice according to your experience to handle this kind of problem? to put all material in one giant temporary bin, delete all other storage bins, create storage bins, and then transfer materials from temporary bin into newly created storage bins? or it has to be done from Inventory Management by issuing material?

Please kindly help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rumata,

Best practice should be that your WM stock always = Im stock. If you look at it from a financial side, then if IM <> WM, your balance sheet is incorrect. I'm sure that's not fine.

You can however do the following:

1. Create WM stock count

2. Count and post WM diff's to ST999. (your 1st action of clearing everything, so all stock will be wright-off's)

3. You can now either:

3.1 --- Create a new WM stock count

--- Count and post WM diff's to ST999 (all stock diff's will be created, so the wright-off's + created = the nett diff)

3.2 Transfer the stock from ST999 back to the new storage bins, and for those you must actually do a stock adjustment, do a WM stock on it (which will post a new entry to ST999).

4. At the end of the day, if you made an adjustment in WM, it will sit in ST999, waiting to be posted to IM.

Hope I could have been of some help.

Cheers,

Hein