cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assign Logical System both in GTS and R3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

We are using Two different system for R3 and GTS , and defined logical system both systems ( for R3 QR1CLNT100 and for GTS QG1CLNT100 , now do I need to assign logical system both system for clients in R3 and GTS ( I mean at the time of assignment both clients QR1CLNT100 & QG1CLNT100 i have to assign in both systems or only one. For Feeder system only I need to assign GTS system logical system as QG1CLNT100 vice versa ( for GTS system need to only Feeder system logical client QR1CLNT100)

Thanks in advance for valuable inputs.

Thanks & Regards

Tarun

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

There are following steps for doing connection between R/3 and GTS

1. Define Logical System

Here you have to define both R/3 logical system as well as

GTS logical system.

2. Assign Logical System.

Here actually when u get in you will see the physical system

detail on which you are logged in , suppose you are on R/3 you will find detail of R/3 system with different clients. Some clinet willcome as default like 00 which is waldrof client the SAP client and other are are those which are created at the time of installation.

Here you have to assign the logical system of R/3 to the physical system client combination on which you looged in.

you will find a field of logical system on the top once you get in detail of the client system combination.

Now here we have assigned the Logical system of R/3 this is required as when GTS will communicate wiht R/3 it willtry to look for R/3 logical system as for RFC connection we always define logical system to which the system will talk.

this configuration we do under Maintain RFC connection for RFC call Tcode SM59

3. Maintain RFC connection for RFC call Tcode SM59.

Here we define the Target host, and logon detail like

language , client, user passwaord.

We need to define the detail for GTS for RFC connection and so we need here the logical system of GTS.

4. Maintain RF destination for method call

Here again you will require GTS logical system .

5. Maintain ALE distribution here you will require both R/3 and GTS logical system.

Hope it helps

Kind Regards,

Sameer

former_member58030
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Tarun,

In both the systems,

Thanks,

Prarit

Former Member
0 Kudos

You mean to say both systems I need to assign both clients (logical system for ECC and Logical system for GTS) ?

Thanks & Regards

Tarun

former_member58030
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thats right, try that.

Prarit