Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

default printer during printout program

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi guys,

how does system get the default printer for report printout if the su01 for default printer field is empty

13 REPLIES 13

madan_ullasa
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Chekc your SPAD and SP01... And also the print options screen can be configured for the default printer...

regds,

Madan..

0 Kudos

HI Madan,

my user's SP01 default printer setup is empty, how can i see if SPAD can default a printer to a particular user

0 Kudos

Hi,

I believe the setting is made globally for the default printer if there is local printer assigned to the individual user... In all probability your printer should be 'LOCL'...

regards,

Madan...

0 Kudos

HI Madan,

I have set my user printer in SU01 to NWO5 but still the standard print out will be sent to LPO3, plz advice

former_member188685
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

it all depends , in which case it is pointing to different printer...? some times incase of script and smartforms may be they are passing the printer through the print parameters. check it once.

0 Kudos

hi Vijay,

We are using customised program, and we didnt hardcode to which printer it'll be printed out, but for this particular user it always points to printer LPO3 even we have changed its printer to NWO5 , any advice on where i can check

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Contact your basis administrator, because they are one how will be configureing the default printer settings.

Mostly there will be LOCL and LP01 will be the output device input text. Try with this 2 output devices you will get the print out.

Cheers!!

0 Kudos

HI Balu,

the program uses FM BP_JOBVARIANT_SCHEDULE to submit background job.

For user A , it always set the default printer to LPO3 even SU01 sets to NWO5,

while user B can get the correct printer NWO5 as per its SU01 setting.. how come both users can get different printer from the same program .

Initially i thought it depends on SU01 , but even user A has changed its default printer to NWO5, still system will take LPO3.. plz advice

0 Kudos

>FM BP_JOBVARIANT_SCHEDULE to submit background job.

when you are scheduling the job, you need to set the print parameters/options also. that time it might be configured . so check it once. which job variant you are using to schedule the job, accordingly go and check.

0 Kudos

HI Vijay,

ANy idea where i can check the config for background printer setting

0 Kudos

check in SM36/SM37 transactions.

0 Kudos

HI Vijay,

sorry..what i meant was how to check the printer setting that system will pcik up when program triggered background job via FM BP_JOBVARIANT_SCHEDULE

Former Member
0 Kudos

w