Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

About global setting

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, experters:

Before I adjusted spdd modification, I log on ecc60

with Client 000, user: DDIC , use tr-code: se03 to change the global setting , I changed all namespace to modifiable.

now, I have finished spdd modification work, my question is : should I reset those namespace back to old(default) status???if the answer is : Yes. when should I do the resetting job?

please give me some idears.

Thanks experters,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

Since the SPAU is done almost at the end of upgrade ( when logically whole upgrade is finished and only some log storage and upgrade form and SPAU are left ) ,I think the global setting which you changed needs to be revoked by yourself

Best

Ganesh Gambhir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks ,Ganesh Gambhir

Can you tell me the normal method in upgrade project???

Before do SPAU ,is it necessary to change the global setting ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Harry,

during my upgrade from ECC 5.0 to ECC 6.0 there was no need to adjust the settings before SPAU. I had only to change it within the shadow instance for SPDD.

Greetings

Christian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Rose,

Is there any problem in your project(hadn't adjust the global setting )??

Regards,

Harry

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Harry,

maybe its the best i explain what upgrades i've done and how the settings in the systems were:

First i made a copy of our productive system (ECC 5.0) and made the upgrade in the Copy (to ERP 6.0). In the shadow instance i set all (global, software and namespace settings) to modifiable/restricted modifiable. This does not affect the real system and the upgrade sets the settings back after SPDD automatically. For the SPAU i had not to change the settings. Thats maybe because the global setting is modifiable, the software settings are modifiable/restricted modifiable and half of the namespace settings are modifiable and the other are not modifiable.

After that i've done the upgrade in the development system. During that i recorded the SPDD and the SPAU changes each in one change request and marked them for further upgrades.

Now I'm on upgrade of the QA-System where i told the upgrade to use the both transport for SPDD and SPAU. So we save time because of no need to do the adjustement manually again.

The documentation says that for modifying a repository object you have to set the global, the softwarecomponent and the namespace settings to modifiable. For the SPAU i think you can wait wich Objects have to be adjusted and then make the according settings. But i'm quite sure the the global settings must be set to modifiable.

Maybe this helps a bit.

Greetings

Christian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you . Rose.

I think the information you told to me is very useful.

I am in the upgrade project too,

if possible, can I write to you directly by email?

I think we can communite each other...

Thanks a log.

Harry

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The upgrade will take of this - no need to set them back manually.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you,

but before I do sapu adjustment,

I changed the global setting again.

in this case ,should I reset the namespace to default ?