cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Optimize the environment

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus ~

I've been just approached by senior management to optimize the system's environment. I'm not sure on how to do that since I'm kind of new to BASIS. Our system consists of:

Dev, Qa, Prod

No BW

They have FI, HR, MM, SD, PP, PS, QM, CS

I turn to you for some help. If you have any ideas, would you please share?

Regards,

Denny Mathews.

<removed_by_moderator>

This info can be added to your business card

Edited by: Denny Mathews on Oct 13, 2008 9:41 PM

Edited by: Juan Reyes on Oct 14, 2008 9:32 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Denny,

Here are set of transactions which can give health of your system

ST03N with expert mode can give you the average response time of the system, DB request time, and other response times.

It also gives the list of TOP transactions and programs which use system resources.

One of the focus can be to reduce resources utilization by custom transactions and programs which will considerably reduce resource usage.

ST02 will give usage of Buffers and swap. Based on the usage of them tuning of buffere and swap would also help the system performance.

RZ04

Check the WP distribution in different operation modes. Usually the working hours needs more dialogue WP and night hours would need more BGD WP. Try running all background jobs in night time.

Check for loadbalancing of the application servers using SMLG.

DB02 keep an eye on indexes and tablesapces.

Verify the SP and kernel patch status with service marketplace

Regards

Vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Vivek and everyone for your responses. This might be a silly question, but are these trans-codes standards throughout all modules?

Denny Mathews.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

>This might be a silly question, but are these trans-codes standards throughout all >modules?

These administration transaction codes are standard in all systems based on the abap stacks.

They are part of the "Basis" pseudo module.

Regards,

Olivier

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

martin_juen2
Contributor
0 Kudos

hi.

do you have early watch alert reports? they will help you to find performance bottlenecks (database, application).

then you can check response times via st03n (expert-mode), buffers via st02 (swaps -> profile parameters). you can also use dbacockpit or db02 to search for possibilities to optimize perfromance.

but it's hard to optimize the performance if you do not have a clear instruction of your management...

regards,

martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Martin ~

Sorry, I'm pretty new to BASIS. How can I find out if the early watch reports have been set up? Would you tell on how can I set them up?

Denny Mathews.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Denny,

Are you facing any kind of performance issue?If yes then what are the problems you are getting.

Regards,

Prashant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prashant ~

Yes, the company is having problems with the MRP run. Apparently they are having system memory overflow issues. Is there a way to fix this?

Denny Mathews.