cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with Absolute Navigation (External Window) and Light Framework Page

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are using Light Framework page for the portal devolopment. We have an application including two webdynpro iviews where absolute navigation is used to traverse from first iview to second iview (When user clicks a button on first iview). We are showing the second iview in external window (SHOW_EXTERNAL). When ever i clicks the button to traverse to second iview, i am getting an exception.

When we are showing it in same window (SHOW_INPLACE), it is working fine. But the iview is appeared in half of the page with scrollbars. It is working fine with default framework page (with both options SHOW_INPLACE and SHOW_EXTERNAL) and dispalyed in original size as mentioned in iview properties.

Could you please suggest us whether there is any work around for this.

Thanks,

Sudheer

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

whether u want to open that iView in the same window or another window.

if u want to open the iView the other window, check with full path(id) of that iview and also check the iView property Authentication Scheme to "anonymous"

regards,

Kathiresan R

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kathiresan,

Thanks for your reply. I want to show the iview in new window. I have changed the iview property Authentication Scheme to "anonymous". But even i am getting the exception.I am using the complete path of the page (to which iview is assigned) in the both the cases (SHOW_INPLACE and SHOW_EXTERNAL).

Could someone suggest me what is the problem here and workarund for this.

Thanks,

Sudheer.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1.Check the address bar of newly opened window whether its displaying full path of that page.

2. just preview the iView and check whether thats works fine.

compare the url 1 and 2.

regards,

Kathiresan R

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kathiresan

I couldn't see the address bar of the window (In which second iview is getting displayed). But i can observe no parameters that i passed from first iview is visible in the view source of the second iview (When SHOW_EXTERNAL is used in absolute navigation). I could see all the parameters in the view source (when SHOW_INPLACE is used for absolute navigation). But i am using the same url for both the options (for SHOW_INPLACE and SHOW_EXTERNAL).

I doubt about the url being passed when SHOW_EXTERNAL option is used. But when we checked in debug, The correct url is being triggered (Atleast from first iview). Is there any way that could display the second window with address bar. What is making difference between SHOW_INPLACE and SHOW_EXTERNAL with absolute navigation and light framework page.

Could someone please suggest.

Thanks,

Sudheer.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

how u are passing the parameters to the iView?

through event?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just as key value pairs in the absolute navigation.

Thanks,

Sudheer.