cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Profit Center analysis in Incoming and Outgoing payment

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did anyone know the reason why there is no profit center in incoming and outgoing payment? Customer is having multiple outlets and they need to know the daily collection and payment from each outlet. We are recommending to use profit center=outlet. There is only project code on both Incoming and Outgoing payment header and it had been used as department analysis.

Any solution on this or we need to write script to update the UDF=Outlet in incoming payment and outgoing payment into journal entries?

Regards

Thomas

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is a "Distribution Rule" field available in these documents which is used for profit centres

preety_goel
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi,

The functionality profit center is not available for

payments in 2005 version.

You can use distribution rules in payments in 2007 version.

At present, you will have to manually update journal entries

with profit centers.

Regards

Preety Goel

SAP Business One Forums Team

Former Member
0 Kudos

What is the purpose for distribution rules in Outstanding invoice list in incoming payment? I try to attach the analysis there and post incoming payment but it will not appear in Journal entries which defeat the main purpose.

The problem face by customer is that they had many outlets and finance department in HQ needs to monitor daily collection from each outlets.

The desired outcome by customer is:

Dr Bank [profit center=Outlet A] XXX

Cr Customer XXX

Eventually print out reports in XLR as

Outlet A Outlet B Outlet C

Bank XXX XXX XXX

Regards

Thomas

Edited by: Rui Pereira on Dec 4, 2008 2:15 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Preety

Greetings of the day

I have seen the distribution rules in payments in 2007 B version on row level, but if i make any on account payment how to select distribution rule, i was not able to see any option over there. Kindly can you help me in this.

Regards

Siva Reddy

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Profit Center in SAP is technically Cost Center accounting in general accounting terms. In does not have a purpose to be available on the Incoming / outgoing payments

Suda