Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to obtain SSO String

former_member192939
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi there ....

How to obtain the UME instance generated SSO2Ticket.

Or how to access the SSO2Ticket property in MII.

The client has MII 12.0.4 just the NW no EP.

Good day

Thanks,

Ajay.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The ticket is stored in the user's web session and as an MII property named SAPSSO2Ticket. If you want to pass this into a BLS transaction, you need to add a String transaction input property with the same name, and enable "AutoBinding" (it is on by default, I think).

Read the documentation. It's in there.

former_member192939
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Rick,

I guess if we have EP, we can get the SSO2Ticket in the user session..

Currently we dont have EP ... I will check the same and post back.

Thanks Rick

- Ajay.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You don't need EP. The web application server on which MII 12.0 runs maintains a user session and can issue SSO2 tickets (though I needs to be configured to do so). You can also set up trust relationships between multiple SAP application servers (MII and non-MII) to share/trust SSO tickets issued from other servers.

jamie_cawley
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

As Rick indicated EP is not necessary. By default the MII application is configured in Netweaver to be a ticket issuing application. If you have FireFox, download the Web Developer add-on and you can use the "View Cookie Information" under the Cookies option to see the values.

If you are looking to configure SSO between MII and ECC you will need to export the certificate out of Visual Administrator and then import it into ECC.

Check the following link for more information:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/EN/46/55195e4e5d41b095d0371fa9df2781/frameset.htm

Also take a look at note 1141002

Regards,

Jamie

former_member192939
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Rick,

That was helpful ...

How to access this value SSO value in the session ... tried using PropertyAccessServlet .. no luck

I can see it in the browser cookies though..

Is there another way to access it?

Thanks,

Ajay.

former_member192939
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Jamie,

Thank you for the info .. thats helpful ...

I tried this previously, but wasnt able to access the MYSAPSSO2 cookie from the cookies using javascript...

Is there a way to get this info from PropertyAccessServlet? I tried this, it wasnt availble in the PropertyAccessServlet too.

Thanks,

Ajay.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ajay,

Here is a way I found to get the value of MYSAPSSO2:

1. Create a transaction with a transaction input property called 'MYSAPSSO2' (no quotes) of datatype 'String'. Make sure that the XacuteConnector has 'Autobind' enabled.

2. Create a transaction output property (name of your choice) also of datatype 'String'. Link the MYSAPSSO2 property into this output property.

3. Create an XacuteQuery for this transaction, using the named output property as your output parameter. You should see the value of MYSAPSSO2.

This property is not available in the session - this is the only way I could find to access it.

Kind Regards,

Diana Hoppe

former_member192939
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Diana,

Tested it out .. working..

Need to test from the webpage ... will let you know the results as soon as possible.

Thanks agiain,

Ajay.

former_member192939
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks everyone for their inputs..

Problem got solved with multiple combinations ...

Creating a Transaction Property .... MYSAPSSO2

Use SAP Login name as $MYSAPSSO2$

Thanks and hope this solution will be useful for the others who are looking and will be looking for the solution.

- Ajay.