cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upload file from PC to app.server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

I need some help on uploading a file (very large file) from my PC to a specific folder on the application server, and to browse the folder in which to upload it.

I remember that in a past project in which I was involved someone did it, and create a simple transaction with the possibility of:

- browsing the file to be uploaded (i.e. c:\test.txt)

- browsing the directory on server where to upload it (ex. /usr/sap/.../test.txt)

- execute

It worked, but I do not have access to that system anymore, to copy/create something similar.

Can anyone help me?

thanks in advance

Chiara

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You can upload the file using CG3Z transaction.

Regards,

Vishwa.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

thanks a lot for your help.

This works. I will also try to insert it in some programs by a call transaction or batch input.

Best regards.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

For browsing local directories you can check methods of class: CL_GUI_FRONTEND_SERVICES. Something like FILE_OPEN_DIALOG.

For browsing directories on application server, you can use FM: /SAPDMC/LSM_F4_SERVER_FILE.

Once the files are selected, upload file from presentation server via method GUI_UPLOAD and transfer to application server via OPEN DATASET, TRANSFER & CLOSE DATASET Statements.

Regards

Eswar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

this help was very useful to me, most of all to insert a server-folder browser in some programs!

thanks a lot and regards

Chiara