Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

ABAP Server Proxy in PI ABAP Stack, is that possible???

Hello everybody,

I have a question, I need to generate an Inbound ABAP Server Proxy called from a BPM in PI, but I need that the proxy exists in PI ABAP Stack itself, I've never tried this before but I'm getting the next error:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>

- <!-- Call Adapter

-->

- <SAP:Error xmlns:SAP="http://sap.com/xi/XI/Message/30" xmlns:SOAP="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/" SOAP:mustUnderstand="1">

<SAP:Category>XIServer</SAP:Category>

<SAP:Code area="INTERNAL">LOOP_IN_MESSAGE_ROUTING</SAP:Code>

<SAP:P1>is.01.lrazs12</SAP:P1>

<SAP:P2>CENTRAL</SAP:P2>

<SAP:P3>XI</SAP:P3>

<SAP:P4 />

<SAP:AdditionalText />

<SAP:ApplicationFaultMessage namespace="" />

<SAP:Stack>Loop in message flow found: system is.01.lrazs12, pipeline CENTRAL with inbound adapter XI already processed (see hoplist header)</SAP:Stack>

<SAP:Retry>M</SAP:Retry>

</SAP:Error>

I think I'm messing with PI with this kind of requirement and I'm making it to be confused, have anybody tried this before?, Why I need to do this?, well actually I'm handling application and system errors and exceptions in my BPM, so what I need is that the BPM generates a new message in scheduled status when an error such an error occurs, it's not working for me to reprocess BPM's cause when an error happends I need to modify the content of the original message, so I thought to call an inbound proxy in PI with the original content then modify it, and call again an Outbound Client ABAP Proxy without the COMMIT WORK in the ABAP code lines so it would be like scheduled until I called a job to process it, I know is kind a strange scenario but beleive me it's not that I want to do it just for fun, is just the requirement, thanks in advance for your answers.

Regards,

Julio Cesar

Former Member
Former Member replied

Hi Julio

I dont suggest to do coding at PI for proxy.

Well it is possible to use PI for (Proxy client and server). I have done this. But if the PI client is defined as Integration server then you cant use it as Application server. You need to have different client to achieve this.

We came through a requirement where two ERP was connected to two PI and as one of the ERP was ruled out we loaded the proxy to one PI system.

To check the content you need to have RFC connection between PI and R/3 otherwise we cannot verify data from standard Tables

I didn't understand your requirement properly. But i will suggest to look for workaround instead of loading PI with BPM as well as ABAP proxy codes.

Thanks

Gaurav

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question