Mid year Asset takeover in Short Fiscal Year
My customer is operating in a short fiscal year because of a recent merger. They need to bring in some Intangible Assets that they have managed outside of the Fixed Asset module.
The capitalization date of the assets are 3/1/08 and 4/1/08;
these dates represent period 3 and 4 of FY 2008. The 2008 fiscal year ended 6/28/08; FY2009 began 6/29/08, so they have manually posted 3 months of amortization in 2009. I have set the legacy transfer (takeover date) to 6/28/08; and the current period in which depreciation was posted to period (3), FY 2009.
My intent was to be able to post the APC values and the Accum
Depreciation thru 6/28/2008 and the current y-t-d depreciation in the Transaction tab. However, the Transaction Tab is greyed out and I can not post the y-t-d depreciation.
I sure you can post the last closed year Accum Depr and the
Y-T-D depreciation, what did I miss in my configuration setting described above.
I would like to recommend you as follows:
Possibility 1 (my favourite):
1. Remove entry in current period dep. posted.
2. Enter APC and ACCUM per 29.06.2008 in as91/as92
2. The system calculates the depr. 2009 automatically
3. Cancel the manual postings and execute depreciation run.
1. Change legacy transfer date to 09/29/2009 (i assume.....)
2. Entry in current period dep. posted is 03.2009
3. Enter APC, ***. dep and depreciation of current year in as91/as92
4. FY2009 began 6/29/08,
Hope, it's helpfull.