Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Confusion on choice for DataSource Replication - 3.x vs 7.0

I mistakenly posted this question under BI General and removed it as a question there because I think it belongs here and will be better received here.

I have read numerous questions on the activation of business content and links from those questions, but I am still confused. We are running SAP NetWeaver 7.0 with 7.03 business content and I am about to activate content for SRM in our BW system. I see a lot of the SRM business content is dated prior to 7.0 version so I think that I would need to choose replicate as 3.x DataSource when I replicate my DataSources, but I am not sure about that.

Although our SRM content is new it is related to some business content that we are already using. How do you recommend I choose the type of DataSource replication?

I activated a few of the SRM DataSources and replicated as 3.x DataSources. If I change my mind, is it okay to replicate again and choose 7.0 DataSources? I haven't yet activated the transfer rules, although some of this has been activated by someone else who was activating overlapping business content for e-recruiting so there are already some transfer rules activated and perhaps being used. I don't know the answer to that yet. Also, there are some transformations although we are not using any transformations in production use as of yet.

Thanks for your insight, your help, and your tips.

Thanks,

Jeri

Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question