cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What happens when I repeat an upgrade phase using INIT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are having a problem with a VIEW that is not in the database so in the PMVNTAB_UPG phase where "Converts application views and activates remaining nametab entries" it shows a problem with a Z view that we don´t use at all.

We tried to activate the view but we got an abap dump so I was thinking that we could try (if no abap dump apperas again) to delete the view and repeat the phase INIT again but I don´t know if in this way, the system won´t look for that deleted view. I don´t know if the upgrade process already have a list for the views to activate or it just look for them in the phase and activate them.

What do you think?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The problem was solved by our ABAP staff, a badi was not active so after they activated the BADI then the view was activated too.

Looks like it was only waiting for that view because in the instant that I repeat the phase (no init) it went to the next phase so I guess it was only that view that view and all other views were already activated.

I can´t award points because the main question was never answered

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I think as far as activating the VIEW concerned , Activate the VIEW and start the full phase INIT from begining

Otherwise just try to run update statistic on database and then repeat the phase

I hope this will work .

Best

Ganesh