cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing sap 4.6c SR2 on oracle 8.1.7 (Windows 2000)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello fellow workers.

I am writing because we are installing SAP 4.6C SR2 on operating system windows 2000 and database oracle 8.1.7 and we are facing some problems with the oracle software. Currently, we are in the oracle software installation stage and during the installation there is an error which states the following message: Error in writing to file C:\Program Files\Oracle\bin\regsvr32.exe. I have been checking the folder permission and it has full access, I have also checked all hardware and software prerequisites

Thanks in advance for your support, any help will be appreciated.

Boris Romero

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Boris,

Try renaming the file C:\Program Files\Oracle\bin\regsvr32.exe or mvoing the file to some other folder and see if that works. If it doesn't allow then it would mean that some program is accessing the file or the executable itself is running.

Thanks and Best Regards,

Sunil.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunil, in fact the regsvr32.exe does not exist in the folder C:\program files\oracle\bin (The installation process is trying to copy it into). As you said, the file regsrv32 is used by some programme, but I haven't known which programme is....Is there some way to stop the file regsrv32.exe?

Thank you.

Boris

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can use a little tool like UNLOCKER to know which process is accessing regserv32.exe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is unlocker a windows standard tool?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, I have found it (unlocker).

Best Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much guys, the problem was Macfee software.

Best Regards.

Boris

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> Thank you very much guys, the problem was Macfee software.

Isn't that sick? The necessity of having a Virus scanner on the server which leads to all kinds of problems (like this one here)? No offense - just brainstorming...

Markus

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Regsvr32 probably try to register a DLL, find which DLL and look in run folder if you have it with the .pdb file associated.

Copy the 2 files in c:\windows\system32 and run command regsvr.32 <filename>.dll where filename is the name of the DLL.

Hope that can helps you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alexandre, I am trying to copy the file into C:\program files\oracle\bin and there is message which tells: the file regsrv32 is in use. Do you Know how to know which program is using the file?.... I have been looking at the task manager but there is not any program that is using the file

Thanks

Boris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

It's not a windows standard soft but you can find it easily on the internet,

Regards

Edited by: Alexandre Belgrand on Oct 14, 2008 1:19 PM

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> Do you Know how to know which program is using the file?

You can find that out using HandleEx (or ProcessMonitor) from Sysinternals (now Microsoft):

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/default.aspx

Markus