Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zip Codes in SAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

SAP internally checks the country & displays error message if the right length of postal code is not entered ... Can someone tell me where or in which table I can get the country, & the right length of zip code for that country ??

Thank You,

SB

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello SB,

The table is T005.

Thanks,

Venu

8 REPLIES 8

athavanraja
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

dont have access to sap system right now, but i remember its in SPRO->global settings->country settings

Regards

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello SB,

The table is T005.

Thanks,

Venu

0 Kudos

Check T005 Field LNPLZ.

Regards,

Rich Heilman

0 Kudos

Hi,

Pl take a look at the function module POSTAL_CODE_CHECK. It gets called duirng validation of the zipcode.

Regards,

Suresh Datti

0 Kudos

Hi,

I have solved the problem where in the incoming flat file has no value for zip code... now my program picks up the country checks the postal length & insert that many no. of zero's & my record is able to go in SAP... but it failing for countries like Poland where the length is 6 but in the 3rd place it asks for a "-" other e.g. is US where the postal code length is 10 ... my prg put is '0000000000' ... but the record fails & asks for a "-" in 6th place... where in SAP can I get this info? which table does it store that for US in the 6th place a "-" should come ??....

Can anybody help me in this ??

Thank You,

SB.

0 Kudos

Hi,

Check in the table T005,field PRPLZ.It has some 10 values which defines the definition of the postal code.

0 Kudos

Thanx

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can find that in table T005 field LNPLZ.

Or use FM ADDR_POSTAL_CODE_CHECK.

Message was edited by: Phani Kiran Nudurupati