Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Absolutely Lost!

We have been running the VS.NET Crystal Component, and have just recently purchased CR 2008 Server. I am trying to modify our code to launch our XI reports which I have uploaded to CR Server using the Central Mgmt Console.

I have been able to launch reports that do not have parameter prompts, but any report that requires a parameter returns CrystalReportViewer Error: Programming Error.

The following is my code VS.NET 2K3 C#, CR XI Developer

Please advise what am I missing, and/or where I can find valid examples.

private void ConfigureCrystalReports()

{

string serverName = "CRS1";

string reportID = "RPT1";

SessionMgr sessionMgr = new SessionMgr();

EnterpriseSession enterpriseSession = sessionMgr.Logon("Administrator", "Password", serverName, "Enterprise");

EnterpriseService enterpriseService = enterpriseSession.GetService("InfoStore");

InfoStore infoStore = new InfoStore(enterpriseService);

string queryString = "Select * From CI_INFOOBJECTS "

+ "Where SI_PROGID='CrystalEnterprise.Report' "

+ "And SI_NAME Like '" + reportID + "'";

InfoObjects infoObjects = infoStore.Query(queryString);

InfoObject infoObject = infoObjects[1];

string reportCUID = infoObject.CUID;

Report report = (Report)infoObject;

CRViewer.ReportSource = report;

}

replied

Hello, Daniel;

The issue here is the version of Crystal Reports Server 2008.

Visual Studio 2003 and Crystal Reports XI (v. 11.0) will work against Crystal Reports Server XI R1 (11.0).

There has been no Visual Studio .NET SDK released for Crystal Reports Server 2008 at this time. We are expecting it soon but do not have a release date yet.

You cannot mix the versions from your application to your server. I suggest you do not try to update until the appropriate Crystal Reports Server client tools are available.

Elaine

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question