cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Repair Process (RAS vs RA)

Former Member
0 Kudos

With the standard repairs processing in SAP, are you required to do a post goods receipt? I want to create a process to do repairs on materials we have sold, but I do not want to bring them into stock.

I have looked at RA and RAS, but it appears that you have to do a goods receipt. I am looking for an example of this being used in the real world to do a comparison as to whether or not this is a solution for us.

If you have a scripted process, I would be interested in seeing the steps involved to determine what would be the best process for us. Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

pratik_mahendra
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Tom,

I am facing similar issue as posted by you on repair, did you find any solution to this case. If yes, Can you pls share it with me.

My repair case is: repair is done at customers premises and there is no situation of bringing back the material to stock, there may be situation of replacing parts.

Edited by: VIX. on Dec 3, 2008 12:03 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tom,

Please go through the following scenerio which might work for you. If needs, it could be changed according to your requirement but the base process is like this:

a) MM01 u2013 Create Material Masters for Repair (This Material will not have Accounting and Costing views i.e. Material will be Non-valuated)

b) MIGO u2013 Goods Receipt of Materials returned by Customer w/o Purchase Order using movement type "901" with special stock "E" in "Customer Repair" Location. Here a proper "Reason for Movement" will be maintained.

c) ME21N u2013 Create a Repair Purchase Order on the name of Vendor for the Materials returned by Customer. This Purchase Order will contain following details;

Account Assignment Category u2013 "M"

Item Category u2013 "L"

/ In this PO, maintain the component same as ordered material in the BOM/

d) MIGO u2013 Transfer Posting of Component from "Customer Repair Location" to "Vendor Repair Location" using movement type "311" and special stock "E".

e) MIGO u2013 Goods Receipt of material ordered for repair against Repair Purchase Order through movement type "101" and special stock "E". In this Goods Receipt, components transferred to Vendor will be consumed automatically through movement type "543" with special stock "E"

f) VA01- Create a Sales Order (with Zero Value) for the repaired materials on the name of customer (For e.g. FTI) who has returned it earlier.

g) MIGO u2013 Transfer stock of repaired material from original Sales Order to the new sales order through movement type "413" and special stock "E".

h) VL01N u2013 Create a Delivery Document w.r.t. the new sales order and dispatch the material to the end customer.

i) VF01 u2013 If required create a Pro-forma Invoice w.r.t. the Delivery document.

Hope it helps.

Thank you

Regards

Naga