Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accounting document being generated during mov type: 631

rehancontractor
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are implementing consignment process in Sales process. We have created new item category for the same and made other necessary config.

We have noticed that a accounting document is getting created when the PGI is posted for consignment fill up order.

We DO NOT WANT the accounting document to be created when we post PGI(631) for consignment fill up.

Please let us know where is the setting for accounting document NOT to be generated during mov type:631

Details:

Accounting document entries are as follows for mov type 631:

Stock GL account (-)240$ which is sales order cost price

Stock GL account (+)140$ which is standard price

Price diff GL account 100$

Thanks in advance.

Rehan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Rehan

In normal circumstances, accounting document should not be generated in consignment fill up scenario where 631 movement type is involved.

Please check your configuration settings and ensure that the document types, item category and schedule line category are copied from standard, if not you have maintained the standard.

For information,

- the standard fillup order type is KB

- the item category is KBN

- schedule line category is E1 with movement type 631

- Requirement Type is KSL

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lakshmipathi,

Thanks for your reply.

Following is the process our consignment scenario:

We are using MTO scenario with valuated sales order stock and material is configurable. We have maintained Standard price as our price control in material master for our finished goods (which is configurable).

During the creation of sales order we maintained all the condition type as statistical. And costing is configured as 'product cost by sales order'.

We are using the same sales document type for both the normal sales as well as for the consignment fill up. The only change is the Item category we have created a custom item category similar to which to KBN.

During our process of post goods issue of consignment fill up using movement type 631, an accounting document is being generated, which we do not want. More over the accounting entry is as follows:

-

Finshed goods inventory A/C.: 806.288- (calculated cost in sale order)

-

Finished goods inventory A/C.: 786.263 (material standard price)

-

PRICEDIFF - FG 20.025

-

After this when we do the 633 the standard price is posted in consignment process to COS, where as in normal sales calculated cost is posted to COS.

Why is this difference in accounting treatment?

Regards,

Rehan

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Rehan

Go to OMJJ, place your mouse on "Movement Type", input 631 and execute. Again double click on "Account Grouping" and check whether you have maintained the following:-

MvTy::::Val.upd:::Qty.upd:::::Val.string::Cn:::TEKey:::Acct.modif::::Check acct.ass

631::::::::X::::::::::::::X::::::::::::WA04::::::::5:::::GBB::::::::VBR::::::::::::::::X

631::::::::X::::::::::::::X::::::::::::WA04::::::::16::::GBB::::::::VBR::::::::::::::::X

I have a feeling that in your OMJJ setting, since the above is missing, accounting document is being generated for all 631 movement type documents.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

rehancontractor
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Lakshmipathi,

I have checked the entries mentioned by you in OMJJ. they have already been maintained.

Based on you suggestion i have noticed that during Post Goods Issue (PGI) for consignment fill order mov type 631, in the material document created, has following entries

item || Qty || material || Mvt || S (special stock indicator) ||

-

1 || 1 || XYZ || 631 || E

-

2 || 1 || XYZ || 631 || W

-

And if i check in OMJJ and double click on "account grouping" I do not find any rows with W (special stock indicator), where as i do find some E.

Do we have to maintain anything specific to 631 W in OMJJ. if yes can you let me know the values to be maintained.

Thank you very much in advance.

Regards,

Rehan

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Rehan

It seems your configuration for consignment fillup is wrong. For information, in consignment fillup process, you can see only special stock indicator W with movement type 631 and I am wondering how E is flowing for you.

If you can probably let me know what IMG settings you have maintained, it will be easy to propose a solution.

Also please ensure that your customization is in line with this link

[Consignment Process |https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/wiki?path=/display/erplo/consignment%2bprocess]

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lakshmipathi,

Please note that we have cretaed created a sales order document type ZOR (copy from standard) with item category (ZCFU) for consignment fillup and in schedule line category we have define 631 and assigned to item category.

Our scenario is sales order (40xxx) will be created with item category (ZCFU) and production (Make to order) is made for this sales order. 101 movement type. with E (GR for sales order stock).

now when the PGI is posted for same batch after picked it for sales order (40xxx), document with 631 is created with two entries

631 E

631 W

One for E and second for W, becuase we are moving the stock from sales order stock E to consignment stock W during mov type 631. Here undesired accouting document is getting created with proce difference.

Question: Can consignment process be used for make to Order scenario (sales order related production)? or it is only for Make to Stock (MTS).

Regards,

Rehan