cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crystal 11.5 r2 with Oracle 11g

Former Member
0 Kudos

My company's reports use the crdb_ado.dll driver for running reports against clients with oracle databases. We haven't had any trouble with this on oracle servers that are 10 and below. One of our clients is testing out moving up to an oracle 11g server and we are running into problems with our report connection.

We are currently on version 11.5.9.1101 of crdb_ado.dll. Is there an update to this driver that is compatible with this latest oracle server version, or should I be using another driver for this altogether?

Thanks,

Chuck Reed

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, Chuck;

Oracle 11g is not tested with Crystal Reports XI R2 (See Platforms.txt). That said it should probably work.

What version of the Oracle client is installed on your application system? It should also be Oracle 11g.

What error are you getting?

Are you using the "Microsoft OLEDB provider for Oracle" or the "Oracle Provider for OLEDB"?

Have you tested the connection to Oracle 11g in the Crystal Reports designer?

If you save a copy of your report and change the connection to Oracle Native or ODBC to Oracle, does it work? That will eliminate the crdb_ado.dll driver from the picture.

Elaine

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The error we are getting is "Logon failed" after a prompt to enter database information (this prompt shouldn't even be coming up since we set connection info in the application). The connection information is being set correctly in 10g and below (I have the 9i client on my testing machine, but TOAD is still able to negotiate a connection to up to 11g). I will try using a machine with the 11g client and see how that works out.

I've tried setting the driver to crdb_oracle.dll, but with the same results. The crystal designer application cannot seem to negotiate a connection with this DB server either, giving me the same logon failure message. I've tried the "Oracle Server", "Oracle Provider for OLE DB" and "Microsoft OLEDB Provider for Oracle".

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As this is happening in the CR designer (The crystal designer application cannot seem to negotiate a connection with this DB server either, giving me the same logon failure message), I'd recommend posting to the Report Design forum:

Once it works in the designer, try it at runtime (if this is what you are looking for). If it fails at that point in the runtime app, come back to this post and we'll help you out from there.

Ludek