cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

functionality difference bet SQL and netweaver version of BPC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have heard there are two flavors of BPC 7.0 in market now: SQL version and Netweaver version. I would appreciate if anyone can share the difference in functionalities?

Thanks,

DP

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi DP,

Essentially SAP BPC has two new products:

1) SAP Business Planning and Consolidations 7.0, version for the Microsoft Platform

• This product is an evolutionary release of the BPC 5.1 product with some enhancements in the areas of monitoring, SQE, seasonality, multiple time hierarchies are supported as well.

2) SAP Business Planning and Consolidations 7.0, version for the NetWeaver Platform

• This product is almost identical to the BPC 7.0 version for Microsoft release from an end user perspective however the backend is database agnostic and based on NetWeaver Enhancement Pack 1. There are also many technical enhancements that provide for use of BIA, Lifecycle Management (Transports), runtime debugging, among others.

Cheers, Scott

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You must be aware BPC 7.0 has a "dual-stack" release strategy. When SAP acquired OutlookSoft, the product ran completely on a Microsoft platform (Windows Operating System; SQL Server; Analysis Services; Reporting Services; DTS/SSIS, etc). While the Microsoft platform is suitable for many customers, there are also a lot of SAP customers who run NetWeaver BI, and want to leverage their NetWeaver BI system. Therefore, since the acquisition of OutlookSoft, SAP has been working on integrating BPC to the NetWeaver BI platform ie., BPC 7.0 NW. So, there are 2 flavors of BPC - one based purely on Microsoft technology, and the other that is NetWeaver based. My understanding is SAP is continuing to invest in both versions going forward.

To come to your question... i would request you to go through the below blogs for more details. In future there will be migration tools from M version to NW version, so there wont be much difference in functionality. Major difference i can see is BPF is not part of BPC 7.0NW.