cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Downloading the support packs form the solution manager ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I have setup new PI 7.1 system and we are currently at SP4. I need to upgrade to SP6.

I am very new to the solution manager. I have added this new system during the generation of solman key.

I want to know the configuration to be done to download the support packs from the market place. I have a s-user account. Can somebody please explain me in detail how to add my s-user account and how to download the latest support packs.

any help would be really appreciated. Thanks a lot in advance.

Thanks,

Srini

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sri-

It sounds like you want to set up SolMan just for basic functionality. You'll need to configure Maintenance Optimizer as well as perform some other basic setup tasks.

Set up your system Landscape in SMSY

Create the RFCs for communication with SAP

Execute the Maintenance Optimizer BC Set

Your S-User can be entered in transaction AISUSER (without the s and leading zeros)

Doing these 4 things should get you going for downloading support packs through SolMan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SolManiac,

Thanks for the reply and i have carried all the steps except

Execute the Maintenance Optimizer BC Set and i am in the process of doing that and i will upadte once i am done with that.

Thanks,

Srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SolManiac,

I am on ST 400 and SP0015. In TX-DSWP i have a solution defined and there are 2 systems added there and i see Maintance aoptimizer option there.

How to add the newly created system to this solution list ?

any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

You need to make sure that the systems that you want to see in the drop down have been maintained in SMSY. Have they?

Former Member
0 Kudos

They are already maintained. Do i need to define any logical components before i see them in the solution definiiton ?

any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, Logical Components need to be maintained. In DSWP --> Solution Landscape --> Solution Landscape Maintenance you can add additional systems to your solution.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply. I have problems in selecting a name for the logical component name. How to select the logical component name for the main instance as PROCESS INTEGRATION (PI/XI).

sometimes i get the error saying this name is allowed in the customer name space. How to find the correct name of the logical component name.

any help would be appreciated

Thanks,

Srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you trying to create the logical component for PI? It should already be there:

SMSY --> System Groups and Logical Components --> SAP NetWeaver PI --> Process Integration --> SAP NETWEAVER PI

Now assign the system role on the right hand side of the screen.

0 Kudos

Thats right. In SMSY, System Groups and Logical Components, SAP NETWEAVER, Process Integration (PI/XI) you can see SAP NETWEAVER XI. This is a possible logical component. But it is better to create a new logical component, for example Z_PI.

On the right side you have to assign the systems to DEV, QAS and PROD systems.

After that you have to assign the logical component to your defined solution.

Regards

Björn

Answers (0)