cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GRC Enterprise role management question

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

In GRC, Enterprise role management, will it be possible to use it only for some of the roles of a ECC system (eg: all roles starting with Y*), or if its configured for all the roles.

Can we still maintain a role using standard SAP (eg: PFCG, etc) which is created/maintained by Enterprise role management. Please can you provide me a brief explanation of the differences?

Thanks to all the contributors for their posts and comments as this Forum is very beneficial to people like me.

Thanks,

Venkateswara Rao

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Venkateswara,

1. "will it be possible to use it only for some of the roles of a ECC system (eg: all roles starting with Y*), or if its configured for all the roles.

"

--> It is configured for all the roles. You can create any naming conventions to be followed (like Y* you mentioned) but while creatng the Role you can Overwrite the suggested naming convention to any name. That is it will just suggest the person to follow the naming convention Y* but whether he uses Y* or puts any name of his choice there in the role name, depends on him.

2. "Can we still maintain a role using standard SAP (eg: PFCG, etc) which is created/maintained by Enterprise role management".

--> Yes you can. Role created from RE is no different than the one you create from PFCG and can be updated or deleted the same way as a normal role which we create from PFCG.

Regards,

Hersh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your answer Hersh.

So it means that even if Enterprise role Management is configured for a system (say ECC 6.0), we can create/modify roles from PFCG. The only difference would then be that if we create from Enterprise role management we have the features such as change history, etc and if we do it through PFCG there would not be any change history of the role.

Please let me know if my interpretation is correct.

Thanks,

Venkateswara Rao

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Venkateswara,

U'r most Vlkm!! Yes, you are absolutely right. Though Backend/PFCG also has the role change history which can be seen from transaction SUIM.

Regards,

Hersh.

former_member184114
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Just to add, it will work inline with CC, wherein it does the analysis on the specified tcodes in the role and offers its result. If it does not have any conflicts, then it would creat it or else, it would as you consent whether to create the same.

Hope this helps!

Regards,

FAisal

Answers (0)