cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing the meaning of user status codes for a contract.

laurie_mcginley
Participant
0 Kudos

I have a customer who would like to change or delete some of the current user status codes associated with contracts. Here is her question: "Will it cause any problems if I delete user status codes that are not u201Ccurrentlyu201D being used? Weu2019re trying to pare down the list of codes and have found many unused codes and also some that are similar enough to others that weu2019d like to get rid of them. So Iu2019m not sure if the record being changed from one of these similar codes to another would then cause problems if I delete the old one."

My training in data/dba is that this is not a good thing, as there may be contracts that have used that code in the past, and changing its meaning now would alter the meaning of the past record.

But I'm not that familiar with how SAP will want to use those records. Does anyone have any other suggestions (other then mine to not change existing codes, create new ones)?

Thanks in advance!

Laurie

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

laurie_mcginley
Participant
0 Kudos

Well, she had decided to not delete any of the user status codes in customizing, but had instead changed those they don't want to use to be prefaced with a ZZZ DONT USE.

So not the question is ...

Is there a way to change the order of the list in the user status window? I see that it goes off of the Position column in the "Change User Status" table. This column is not editable tho. How can I change the column to be editable? Or is there someplace else I can change the order of the the user status codes as they appear in the status list window of the contract?

Short of a screen print... here is an example of the output in that window:

Display user Status (window title)

Status with status no. (box title)

01 ERR CONTRACT CREATED IN ERROR

02 APEL ZZZ DO NOT USE - APPEAL

03 AUCT AVAILABLE FOR PUBLIC AUCTION

04 DAPP ZZZ DO NOT USE - DNR APP

etc..

Any insight is much appreciated!

Thanks

Laurie

Edited by: Laurie McGinley on Nov 17, 2008 6:57 PM

added example of user status window

sivaprasad_r
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Use transaction code BS02. Go to the Status profile and change the nomenclature. Another suggestion is that all the unused ones can be positioned towards the end in the list.. so that they are not visible most of the time. Even if visible, can be ignored by its nomenclature.

BS02- change the Status profile.

Thanks

Siva

Answers (0)