cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

alerts

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

I did Alerts thru ALRTCATDEF......everything is fine...

Now my requirement is ....for example,If i get an alert, it should particularly say the error...I mean,If it is a mapping error,It should say what is the field , where mapping is getting failed....It should not say mapping execution faile.....can some one guide me....

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Its not possible with the regular alert configuration.

The work around can be to use a BPM.You can only use the containers given in the following link in alrtcatdef.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/d0/d4b54020c6792ae10000000a155106/content.htm

Thanx

Aamir

Former Member
0 Kudos

is it possible with CCMS alerts....because i am not using any BPM ..how should i do that

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aamir

One small doubt i have

In RWB we are able to set party, sender, receiver, name space etc for generating alerts. As you suggested to use workaround with BPM. Without BPM cant we raise alers from RWB using these.

I had performed similar task earlier when i had to send a alert in case problem occur during message post to proxies.

I configured for the proxy namespace and using integration engine -> XIPROXY it worked fine for me.

Do we have any way to Go to a level of particular Mapping program name or something to raise alert?

Thanks

Gaurav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Gaurav

yeah you are right that we can give criteria in RWB for alerts.

Harsha actually wants the actual field due to which the error occured in the short/Long text of the alert/e-mail.Since we need to use containers(runtime parameters) for this and there is no container which will store the error field, we cant do this via simple alrtcatdef.

@Harsha

It might be possible via CCMS but i haven't tried it by myself so can't say for sure.

Thanx

Aamir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Aamir

thanks for clarifying that. I was trying to think maximum possible he can do with monitoring. We need to do RnD in this i guess

Harsha : CCMS i have never done for Field level and no idea if is possible even. Check the guide i use to follow for CCMS development and issues. May be it will help you

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/d724f879-0901-0010-219b-af6...

Thanks

Gaurav

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harsha

Go to RWB -> Alert configuration

and set the conditions as well as Where did the error occur? tab

You can set error to particular objects

Thanks

Gaurav