cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can we display the change in description of infooject as time dependent.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

We have a reuirement in which the text of the Cost Center is changed sometimes. Like cost center 100 is called "General cash" previously and then as of today it is called " Cash Account".

when currently I run the report i only see latest description.

They want a report by which we can show all the accounts for which like this changed happened or atleast show both the description in one report.

Can we do that, can someone give some ideas.

Thanks,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Cathy,

You can make the text of Cost center "Time Dependent". Please check this link for more details.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/71/f470375fbf307ee10000009b38f8cf/content.htm

Regards,

Praveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

With Master Data

If you set this indicator, the characteristic may have attributes. In this case the system generates a P table for this characteristic. This table contains the key of the characteristic and any attributes that might exist. It is used as a check table for the SID table. When you load transaction data, there is check whether there is a characteristic value in the P table if the referential integrity is used.

With Maintain Master Data you can go from the main menu to the maintenance dialog for processing attributes.

The master data table can have a time-dependent and a time-independent part.

More information: Master Data Types: Attributes, Texts, and Hierarchies.

In attribute maintenance, determine whether an attribute is time-dependent or time independent.

With Texts

Here, you determine whether the characteristic has texts.

If you want to use texts with a characteristic, you have to select at least one text. The short text (20 characters) option is set by default but you can also choose medium-length texts (40 characters) or long texts (60 characters).

Language-Dependent Texts

You can choose whether or not you want the texts in the text table to be language dependent. If you decide that you want the texts to be language dependent, the language becomes a key field in the text table. If you decide that you do not want the texts to be language dependent, the text table does not get a language field.

Note

It makes sense for some BI Content characteristics, for example, customer (0CUSTOMER), not to be language-specific.

Time-Dependent Texts

If you want texts to be time dependent (the date is included in the key of the text table), you make the appropriate settings here. See also: Using Master Data and Characteristics that Bear Master Data

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

I got that far and so i do actually see the original and changed description in my maintain master data but how do i show both the description in same report.

And if possible actully i want to run report which shows all cost center for whom the descruptions were changed in last 3 months ?

Thanks for reply.

Former Member
0 Kudos

unfortunately the way the model is set up, it cannot be done.

the query can have only one key-date and hence only one description will be see.

if you change the infocube model and include the above infoobject, then it will maintain the history.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Cathy,

Out of the multiple available time dependent texts, the one to be shown in query output is determined by "Key Date" in the query properties. By default it is set to current date and hence the latest data is shown in query output. But you can put a variable for this and dynamically select the key date during run time.

To be able to see how many texts have changed in a given period of time, probably you need to create a master data query.

Regards,

Praveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Raj,

I guess that is what I was looking for. Solves my problem.

Full points assigned to you

Answers (0)