Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

BIG Question regarding INIT Loads..I am scratching my head for past 2 days

Hello All,

I have one big question regarding the INIT load. Let me explain you my question with an example:

I have a datasource say 2LIS_02_ITM for which I ran the setup tables on JAN 2008. The setup table is filled with say 10,000 records. After that we are running Delta loads everyday till today (almost 30,000 records). Everything is going fine.

Imagine I lost a delta (delta failed and did'nt I do a repeat delta for 3 days, by then next delta came), Hence I am planning to do a Init load again without deleting / filling the setup tables. Now my question is :

1) Will I get the 10,000 records which got filled initially in the setup tables or will I get 40,000 records (that 10,000 + 30,000 records)

2) If it bring 40,000 how is that possible as I hav'nt filled the setup tables?

3) Is it each time I need to fill the setup tables to start the Init load.

Waiting for your guidance.........

Former Member
Former Member replied

Hi Ram,

We use full repair (instead of just FUll load) when there is already an initialization existing for the infoprovider.

What happens is, when you have an initialization existing and you run a full load (without specifying it as a full repair), then that reuest will not activate because of this initialization.

Hence you have to you to use a full 'repair' instead of full load so that it does not affect your existing init.

Full loads/full repairs/inits gets it data from set up tables (that you load according to your selection criteria)

Hope this helps.

Shoot any other questions you may have

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question