cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outgoing Payment - Pay-To Name

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everybody,

I need to write out a check to a Pay To Name that is different than the Vendor Name. I have changed the Logistics tab to reflect the correct Pay To. However, when I print out the check, it shows the correct pay to address but the incorrect name. It shows the vendor name instead of the pay to name. How do I change the name to be correct as well?

My customer is using B1 2007A PL 37.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Amanda

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Amanda,

This is what you could do...

When you enter the Outgoing Payment....you select the Vendor Code and then you change the Name of the Vendor and Press

CTRL+Tab

When you press CTRL+Tab it will override the Vendor Name verification and the name you typed will be used for that outgoing payment..

This will be used in the Check Printing as well.

You do need need to change anything in the Master data..

Good luck

Suda

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suda,

It worked perfectly.

Thank you for your help!

Amanda

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amanda,

The Pay To you have entered is only the address. B1 restrict check print to Vendor Name for Pay-to Name. The work around is chaning PLD temparally if you have occasional various between who should be paid.

If you need to issue more checks for that Vendor, better off creating another Vendor. Your liablity should be in line with the actual pay-to. If your Vendor has two business names, only the Pay-to name should be the default. If two names used for Pay-to, you have to create two Vendors.

Thanks

Gordon