cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTML iView

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I want to have an iview for my html page in portal. I tried placing it into one of the folders in KM and then tried creating a KM document iview from it but what i can see is the html text coming up for that iview and not the layout as expected. Let me know what is wrong witth it or if there is some other way to display html page in portal. I don't want to use WD for this.

Regards,

Murtuza

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

hofmann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Murtuza,

what do you mean with: "but what i can see is the html text coming up for that iview and not the layout as expected"?

The layout (colors, tables, paragraphs, etc) from the HTML file isn't what you expect it to be? If so, is the layout of your HTML file defined by CSS? Maybe the CSS isn't getting loaded correctly (relative/absolute path CSS)?

Or do you mean another layout?

br,

Tobias

Former Member
0 Kudos

I meant, i get <html><body>Hello</body><.html> in the output window that opens up in preview instead of only text "Hello".

Regards,

Murtuza

hofmann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Strange ...

if the iView has the property: com.sap.km.cm.docs it should work.

If you open the HTML file directly within you Browser (Locate the file in the KM and click on it), does it get shown correctly?

What happens when you integrate the iView into a page and access it over a role?

br,

Tobias

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Even if i open it directly from the KM folder I can see it the same way and even after integrating into a page and role it still behaves the same. Is there any other way of displaying html into portal.

Regards,

Murtuza

hofmann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

using the KM iView for Documents is the standard and default way of integrating/displaying HTML files. Maybe your HTML file is wrong.

How did you create the file? Did you use the HTML editor of the KM and copy/pastet/created the <html><body> text? if so, the HTML editor asumes that you want to get this displayed and creates the HTML file so that <html><body> will get displayed. Try to open the file with the text editor option and verify, that only <html><body> [...] </html> is in it.

Or create a local HTML with notepad and upload this file to the KM

br,

Tobias

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I created a html file locally in the notepad and uploaded that on KM. I guess it shouldn't be a problem as I am not writing some complex html it's as simple as a Hello World text.

Regards,

Murtuza

hofmann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

in the preview, if you right click and select "Show source code".

What do you get?

Former Member
0 Kudos

The source code appeared to be different and now what I expected. I changed that and now things are fine for me. Thank you for your help and support.

Regards,

Murtuza

Answers (0)