cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No profitability segment validation in FB50

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have specific GL accounts where the profitability segment has been set to required in their field status group. However, when users post an entry to those accounts using FB50 without any profitability segment, the system does not generate any error message and therefore, users are still able to post the entry. when they post the same entry using F-02, the system generates the error message and prevents them from posting it without the profitability segment.

I found OSS note 115500 that seems to apply to this issue, however, the note specifically says 'The solution does not work if you use transaction FB01 or FB50'.

Have any of you encountered the same issue and do you know if the above OSS note will solve the issue? Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For GL accounts the field status is document dependant and also the Posting key Dependent. The system checks and compares the field status of both document dependant and the posting key and the field status with the higher priority is used.

The priority is (Starting from the highest)Supress,Display,Required and Optional entry.

In your case the document dependent field status is set as Required Entry and the Posting key dependent field status may either be Supress or Display.

Change the posting key (Posting Key 40 and 50) dependent field status to Required entry.

This should work for both F-02 and FB50.

Regards,

Satish Pasumarthi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

Thank you for your reply. Our posting key field status for profitability segment has been set to Optional, which is the lowest priority. So, that is not the cause of our issue. Furthermore, F-02 is working correctly for the same accounts/posting key. The issue only occurs with FB50 and therefore I believe it's a system bug.

I have a message opened with OSS, but in the meantime, if any of you have encountered the same issue and know the solution, that would be helpful.

rgds

Lanny