Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Split payment document by cleared document

Former Member
0 Kudos

Split payment document by cleared document

hello, do you know if it s possible the following requirement:

when posting a manual payment (F-53) my client would like to have bank line item splited by cleared document (invoice). Usually, you can clear several invoices with one payment (bank line item ) but my client wants to have the bank line item splited in several line items by the corresponding invoice cleared

example

now (allways)

40 vendor's invoice 1 100

40 vendor's invoice 2 200

40 vendor's invoice 3 300

50 bank 600

future

40 vendor's invoice 1 100

40 vendor's invoice 2 200

40 vendor's invoice 3 300

50 bank 1 100

50 bank 2 200

50 bank 3 300

I think that is not possible by the way...

cheers!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member625419
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi!

you can split document as per Profit centre level.

You can activated New GL with Document spliting rule in client.

regards,

Rup

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi, thanks for your answer, I do have New Gl activated in the cliente. Do you mean that it is possible to cover this requirement as can be done with Profit Centers? Do you know how? Cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rafeeda,

You can do by document splitting through New GL, actually standard SAP provided business transactions doesnt allow this method.

What u have to do is to create a new document splitting method and for that u have to copy the document splitting rules which are available in the standard document splitting method.

After copying that u have to activate the new document splitting method.

Then u have to give the business transaction to the document type for which u need to post in your case it is KZ.

But I dont know whether your business requirements will suit for a new document splitting method or not.

Check once. It will work.

regards

srikanth.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

I have defined the Splitting method as following:

Z000000001 Splitting:

Business transaction 1000 Payments

Transaction variant 0001 Standard

Item category 01000 Balance Sheet Account

As I want to split bank account in manual payments I set Business Transaction as Payments, Transaction Variant as 0001...

Do you know how I can define that splitting of bank account in payments will be done based in invoice number?

The payment for the above vendor invoice then contains the following

items when entered:

PK Account Amount

50 Bank -100

25 Payables 100 (clearing 2 invoices 50 each)

Document splitting then creates the following document in the General

Ledger view:

PK Account Split (invoice) Amount

50 Bank INV1 -50

50 Bank INV2 -50

25 Payables INV1 50

25 Payables INV2 50

I do not know how to configure that or is it possible. I have not seen "document" as Define Document Splitting Characteristics...

Help will be rewarded...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rafeal,

Please give the cash account in the classify GL Account Classify in that u have to give your bank account (Item Category 04000 cash account)

I dont think a separate document splitting method is required.

I will just tell u the scenario:

post vendor invoice in FB60

Entries will be

31 Vendor Account

40 Purchases (profit center 1)

40 Purchases ( profit center 2)

Now if u see in general ledger view u can view your vendor also splitted. then post the document.

then Go to F-53 for manual payment

Select the open items.

give the amount and simulate and see the bank account will also be splitting as the per the profit centre wise.

Go with the standard document splitting method. u can be able to split that.

There wont be any problem..

Please let me know once u r able to post

regards

srikanth

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check the checkbox 'Single payment for marked item' in transaction FBZP (step 'Pmnt methods in company code') to achieve your requirement. Here is the SAP help text on this field.

Indicator: One Payment per Item?

Causes open items which contain this payment method to be paid individually.

Use

All items, for which the payment method so indicated is entered explicitly, are paid individually. If the payment method is not specified explicitly but is instead selected by the payment program, several items can be paid together.

Note that payment method must be mentioned explicitly in the open items. If you leave it to the payment program, they may get grouped.

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks Srikanth, the payments are done manually (F-53) not with F110 so in my understanding, FBZP custominzing will not help...

thanks anyway!

Edited by: Rafael Barreda on Oct 14, 2008 9:11 AM