cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Saving news iView to separate folders.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have two custom iViews created from standard News iViews. I set the folder setting under systems Configuration to display only these two forms to create new news articles. Now the issue i have is, is it possible if i create new article using the first iView and second iView the saved articles are created in the same directory. This is creating all the content page iViews showing all the news articles in that directory.

I want the new news created using two different iViews to be saved in different folders so the Show form will pickup the right iViews in the content page.

Is there something i am missing?

mallinarc

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If I understand your question correctly, you want to have two News Authoring iViews that store their content in two different KM folders, and two News Display iViews that each only display content from one of the folders?

If that's the case, just set the properties "Path to Initially Displayed Folder" and "Path to Root Folder for Navigation" in one set of Authoring/Display iViews to something like /documents/companyname/news/folder1, and /documents/companyname/news/folder2 for the other set.

Regards,

John

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

I got it work. Yep your tips helped me and i will give you full points.

Thanks

mallinarc

Edited by: Ramesh C. Mallina on Oct 14, 2008 2:33 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello John,

I appreciate your reply.

Let me try my best to explain what i am trying to achieve.

I have created two different news author iViews (NewsEditForm1, and NewsEditForm2). Right now I have both these news author edit forms on the same page as two links. The purpose is when I want to create new news article then I click these links that calls different edit forms for creating new separate news articles.

Now what I want to achieve is, when I create a news article using "NewsEditForm1" then it should save to folder documents/Public Documents/News1 and if I use "NewsEditForm2" then the news article should be saved to documents/Public Documents/News2. So this way the news browser can pick the respective content to present in respective iView areas on the news Browser page.

Hope I did explain right.

mallinarc