cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Client

Former Member
0 Kudos

All,

I am confused regarding the difference between the clinet and Instance.If SAP WAS ABAP/JAVA is installed ,there will be central instance, data base instance and central service instance, dialog instance (optional).Similarly the same SAP WAS can be installed for QA ,PRD.Is the client for each system is created within the respective instances by basis admin? Please explain me in simpler term.

May I know the list of default clients for each system(DEV, QA, PRD)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Kevin

Yes basis team creates a new client after the system installation and that is set as the default client when you login to the system. ( Few folks name the default client as 100 or 200 or 300...depends on the company naming style)

When you do a new system installaton 3 clients ( 000, 001 and 066 )are available which are provided by SAP. You dont have acess to this clients, only basis folks work in this 3 clients which are provided by SAP.

Hope this helps...

Regards

Basis Dude

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, Could you pls tell me in brief that how the basis folks makes use of these 3 clients (000,001,066) in the project.Like you said there should not be any users in the sap provided clients but the company is in need of 3 clients namely,sand box,configuration,testing and simliarly in QA/PRD, how initially the sandbox/testing/config created?.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Login to client 000.

You can create new clients with Local client copy SCCL.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_sm32/helpdata/en/69/c24c5b4ba111d189750000e8322d00/content.htm

Regards

Basis Dude

Answers (0)