cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Production Error

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am able to set a production run from u201Creleasedu201D to u201Cclosedu201D without the cycle being completed. I have proven that this is possible but Iu2019m not sure why SAP allows that. So in effect, I can issue to production then close the order and now have a misstatement in my WIP account? How can I fix?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Paul,

A production order when in a Released state can be cancelled as technically the production has not started.

When you have Issued components the Inventory raw materials gets reduced and the WIP account in increased..correnponding JE would be

Inventory WIP Dr

Inventory Raw Mtrl Cr

At this stage if you manually close the Production Order...there is a JE created to represent this..

WIP Material Variances Dr

Inventory WIP Cr

I am not sure why you feel that the WIP balance still stays....I believe the G/L Account mapping is incorrect in your company database

The WIP Material Variances account is generally defined in the Cost of Goods drawer....please check this and make the necessary changes in the G/L determination (WIP Inventory Variance Account)

Suda

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your help..

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

In the business world, there are so many different processes that are not Normal. Simply block some those functions may not work.

In order for you to block the production being closed from released status manually, you can use SP Transaction Notification.

Search this forum to find many examples of this SP.

Thanks,

Gordon