cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Packaging material consume and movement

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am just starting working with Handling units and packaging materials and I have a question.

I am creating some handling units with automatic packing instructions and I am able to move them from a non HU managed storage location to a HU storage location. I can check that threw tcode mmbe.

My problem is that only the finished good inside the Handling unit is moved and not the packaging materials. Shouldn't the packaging materials be consumed when I create the HU and move it to a HU managed storage location?? I can even create more HUs than the total stock of packaging materials should permit..

The stocks of the packaging materials I use only gets changed when I do the delivery for the HU and post the goods issue.

Thanks in advance

Edit: We dont have WM activated by the way

Edited by: Luís Miguel Silva on Oct 13, 2008 5:44 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Former Member
0 Kudos

former_member318507
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

Yes packing material will be consumed while creating HU.

While perfoming packing, packing material will be consumed.

Not sure about automatic packing instructions.

Please let me know how do you create HU using packing instructions ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My packaging material doesn't get consumed while creating the HUs with TCode HU02 - Create and Change (General). I create a non assigned handling unit threw this transaction and, while doing the creation, I am able to move my finished good (the one inside the package) from a non HU managed storage location to a HU managed storage location. But the packaging materials are not being consumed nor moved..

Like I said they are only being consumed when I do the delivery since I changed the delivery type in tcode OVLK to include the packaging materials.

Anyway to do this while just creating the HUs? because my problem is that, for instance, while having packing materials to create 150 HUs, I create 300 HUs. The stocks of the packaging materials are not being checked.

Regarding packing instructions, I think I only had to create them in TCODE POP1. Let me know if you need some more help so I try to figure it out better.

Thanks and regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

any ideias? I'm still with the same problem.

Thanks for your time

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Luis

As per my understanding, Handling Units are being used mainly for identification purposes. For example, you can print various labels based on what you're packing an how you're packing. (identification of shipped goods according to European Article Numbering

System, Serial Shipping Container Code number and s.o.)

Of course, you can use Handling Unit Management for transport calculation - how much goods you can put in a 20t truck, for example.

But I don't think that HUM supports the process of packing materials consumption ...

And I am sure, that HUM doesn't support the packaging process in Production - you don't consume materials and you can't collect labor or machine costs. And if you create Production order - you can track those packaging costs.

So I assume that HUM has some different functions in SAP than substituting GI of packing materials or creation of PP orders ...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check also this out

Link: []

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

i too have the same problem. The packing material which im using doesnt get consumed when i pack the material and generate a HU number

Pls help on this.

Thanks and Regards,