cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EXCISE+EXCESS CONSUMPTION +BY-PRODUCT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all ,

I have got Raw material in KG , managed in batches each of certain kg weight.

when I procure i avail credit on the material & part 1 & 2 are updated .

when i consume this material against a production order , i may consume certain kgs of this material from one or more batches, partially or fully.

For certain reasons , I WANT TO BOOK THE COMPLETE BATCH AS CONSUMPTION IN EXCISE( even if consumed partially ) AND the balance actually existing physical (partial batch) material shold be available for subsequent use in inventory.

To achieve this i wanna proceed as under :

1.Procure 1000 kg material and update entries in part 1 excise register with 1000kgs.

2.In production order , use 700kg of material BUT BOOK CONSUMPTION OF 1000kgs .Excise registers show consumption of 1000kgs , hence balance qty is nil.

3.As i want to use the remaining 300kgs i create a BY PRODUCT ( a different material) in production order of qty 300kgs.

MY QUESTION IS :

As my raw material has a price control of "V" that is moving average , I want to maintain the byproduct with a moving average price .HOW CAN I DO IT ???

IF U CAN THINK OF ANY OTHER WAY OF TACKLING THIS PROBLEM , PLS DO REPLY ...

Regards ,

Anis

Edited by: anis bazmi on Oct 14, 2008 6:17 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

u r doing it through by product but is that again going to the PART1 ?

if so then no use of doing that.

for biproduct if u want to maitain the moving avg. price the make the Z material type where in OMS2 maitain price control as V.

or

alt solution

convert material to material by 309 movt type .

prerequisite is u have to assign this movement type as involve in excise.

E.g.

X material 1000 Kg converted to Y 1000 Kg. then ur register shows the consumption of 1000kg

then use that Y as and when u want.

maitain both as RM (with price control as V)

regards,

sujit