cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Organizational Management

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have created one position ID and assign it to many Organisational Units, which is not what SAP Recommends.

But this is my client reqd. if we can do.

When i assign one position ID to many Org.Units after creating relationships with different Org.Units it is accepting, But all the standard reports are giving only one position ID bcoz of one object ID.

I need to know is there any way this can be accomodated without effecting standard reports.

Thanks

Yasir

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When assigning the position to the OU, specify the %.

Regards,

Srini.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.. I do not think it is recomended. That is why SAP is clear about creating positions specific to organization untis. Few of the positions can be shared.. but i do not see any reason why all the positions need to be shared that way

Former Member
0 Kudos

First of all i think there can be 1 position which is used in more than one organisational unit. But, i really think you should make an extra position to really put people on it.

In my organisation, we use multiple positions in a organisational unit with more than one possible function. We also use standard reports.

The most important question here is: Why does your client only wants 1 position? If there is a reasonable explanation, you can work out some other ideas, like using 1 position per organisational unit, or just 1 and rewrite some reports.