cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Manual Startup of CMS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Whenever the PC is rebooted (XP sp2), CMS will not automatically startup and we have to manually start it. Is there a setting somewhere for it to start at Windows startup?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

>>Is the CMS database on the same machine as the PC?

Yes.

Former Member
0 Kudos

CMS service has to have the CMS database up and running to be able to start.

If the database service is on the same machine as the CMS, you can set a dependency so that the CMS is "dependent" on the database service.

Hope this helps.

Kashif

Edited by: Kashif Saeed on Oct 13, 2008 7:22 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Your CMS probably fails to start because it cannot contact the CMS db. The CMS db must be up and running before the CMS. Hence the dependency that Kashif posted.

Former Member
0 Kudos

That is the problem:

3896 3900 assert failure: (.\ODBCDatabaseSubsystem_impl.cpp:731). (0 : [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Cannot open database "crystal" requested by the login. The login failed.).

3896 3900 assert failure: (\backend\cms\include\DatabaseSubsystem.h:166). (0 : Calling SQLDriverConnect).

And I added the dependency to the CMS service:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\BOBJCentralMS\DependOnService added MSSQL$SQLEXPRESS

MSSQL$SQLEXPRESS is the service name that should start sqlservr.exe

But this is not working

Former Member
0 Kudos

Michael,

From the error message you posted it seems lime that the SQL Server CMS repository login is failing. Can you make sure that the user-id your CMS server uses to login to the CMS database actually works?

Also, i am not sure if you needed to modify the regsistry files to add dependency. You could have done it in CCM.

Please verify the first step and let us know of your findings. You can use Query Analyzer with that user-id to verify that you can login.

Kashif

Former Member
0 Kudos

It will login with no problems when starting from the CCM.

I now noticed the Dependency tab for the CMS properties. That's easier than modifying the registry...

Former Member
0 Kudos

I watched things start up, and added the dependency of the Report Application Server. Now with that delay CMS will start OK...

Former Member
0 Kudos

The CMS starts as a service and should start automatically.

Is the CMS database on the same machine as the PC?

The CMS will not start if it cannot connect to the CMS DB. This can happen if the DB takes a while to start.