cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create user during Down Time

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are facing a problem during phase PMVNTAB_UPG, at this point shadow instance is no longer used and the system has been switched to the new version (6.0).

The problem exists with a Z view that does not exists in the database and we did enter using SE11 to the system but the only users allowed to enter the system are SAP* and DDIC, other users are not permited and an "Upgrade in progress" error do not let anybody else to enter.

I tried to create a user copied from DDIC but when trying to save the user an abap dump shows up and I can´t save the user. At this point I´m not sure if creating a new user won´t heart anything and in fact I´m waiting for SAP response to the problem because we can ignore this view as long as it is not used at all.

Now the question, have sombody ever used the UPGADDUSR

report to create the user upg_tmp_user? this is supposed to be a user valid only during a week that can be used to solve this kind of problems. I haven´t run the report but I guess it won´t work as it will probably come up with the same abap dump that SU01 gave me.

Thanks,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, I found how to unlock the system so we are able to enter to the system.

I use tp unlocksys... and tp_locksys as per note 1062559