Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to pass value from ref (master) script to basic script

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have a requirement as follows. The export parameter in master script is E_RESULT. It shud be passed to basic script for the field i_rusult. How to do it. There is no interface invloved here. Expecting your inputs.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Vijay.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

naimesh_patel
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Double click on the Test Script to let it open in the Right bottom corner.

Here you will all the importing parameters of the Sub-script, if you have any import parameters.

Select the node, IMPORTING

Enter E_RESULT in the Value column for the element I_RESULT.

This way your E_RESULT will be avaliable in the Subscript in the variable I_RESULT.

Regards,

Naimesh Patel

3 REPLIES 3

naimesh_patel
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Double click on the Test Script to let it open in the Right bottom corner.

Here you will all the importing parameters of the Sub-script, if you have any import parameters.

Select the node, IMPORTING

Enter E_RESULT in the Value column for the element I_RESULT.

This way your E_RESULT will be avaliable in the Subscript in the variable I_RESULT.

Regards,

Naimesh Patel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Double check whether the export parameter E_RESULT is declared as type E.

Once you have refered this script in the master script using the REF statement in pattern , double click on the interface of the refered script you should seeing the IMPORTING and EXPORTING , expand the EXPORTING here you should be seeing the parameter E_RESULT declared in the refered script.

Now declare the local parameter in your master script and parametrize it to the E_RESULT. Now the value retrieved in E_RESULT is avaliable in V_RESULT.

Hope i answered the question.

Thanks and Best regards,

Ajay

former_member131788
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thread open since october and no replies. Closing thread as assumed answered.