cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ALE settings...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I have few issues with the ALE settings in the SRM config.

1.What is the function of the Partner profile we create in EBP and R/3.

2. What is the function of the doc. types.

3. Do we define Ports also in ALE settings.

4. What is the function of the transaction type(BUS2121)

5.How we structure the info as we do in R/3.Is there any std IDOC type with header and item segment.

6. As i know in ALE/Idocs, info. travells through Ports.Where we can see the ports.Do we define ports.

Please give some light on the above.

Thanks in Adv.

IS

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

imthiaz_ahmed
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Overall you need know the basics of ALE and SRM. This forum can help you if you are struck in attempting to find a solution.

Regards, IA

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1.What is the function of the Partner profile we create in EBP and R/3.

It is bridge between EBP and R/3 .You must distribute the partner profile to r/3 after you create in ebp Once you create a modelview .it must be deployed to back end to transfer your information to r/3 eg. good recipet anfd invoice.

2. What is the function of the doc. types.

Document type are represents the business object like PO, PR and reservation. In R/3 it is called document type and SRM it is called as a transaction type.

3. Do we define Ports also in ALE settings.

Ports will be created automatically when you genrate apartner profile or you can define ports also with help of technical consultant.

4. What is the function of the transaction type(BUS2121)

It represents Shopping card. Every business object has BUS id .

5.How we structure the info as we do in R/3.Is there any std IDOC type with header and item segment.

check it up in we02 for more info . on message BBPIV and MBGMCR

6. As i know in ALE/Idocs, info. travells through Ports.Where we can see the ports.Do we define ports.

You can define a port in we20 if you want.

BR

Muthu