cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Universe security

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a user X who is a WEBI developer but not a universe developer. He can log into Infoview and create webi but does not have the authorization to create any universes.

I have a universe folder which has about 5 universes in it. The security for the "Everyone" groups is set to "View" for every universe within the folder. When user X logs into infoview to create a webi, he should see the list of all 5 universes within the universe folder from which to choose from. The problem is that he only see one of the universes in that folder.

I find this to be a very wierd issue. WHy would he not see all 5 universes but just that one. Can someone pls help with this??

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you verify couple of things:

1- Which other groups have rights on that Universe folder?

2- Can you check the overall rights for this user on the universe folder?

Is the security maintained at Universe level or Universe Folder level?

Thanks,

Kashif

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kashif - I have granted the right on the "Everyone" Universe folder. So the two groups on that folder are "everyone" , "adminsitrator" and "universe developers". Everyone group is the only one with "View". The other two have "full control". The rights on the User X is "view".

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nyrvole,

This is interesting....hmmm....

Can you please try the following:

1- In CMC, click on one of the universes which this user can not see. Go to the rights tab to make sure that Only the Admin, Eveyone, and Universe Designer groups are defined there.

If the answer is Yes, then, please check the following:

2- The UserX belongs does not belong to any groups (other than EveryOne) listed in Step1.

I suspect that somehow on the universes which are not visible, there are some denied rights coming across from some other groups.

Please confirm the above and then if it still does not work, let me know and i'll try another test.

Kashif

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Could you provide the follwing informations so that we can further investigate or test the issue:

- What is the BusinessObjects Enterprise version you are using at your end?

- Is the User X is Member of Administartor?

Regards,

Deepti Bajpai

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are on XI 3.0. No, the user is not part of admin group, in fact he should not be. We don't want to give him "God Like" access to the system. It seems that the "View" access Level is not enough. We have to give "View on demand" for him to see all the universes in the folder...very wierd. "View" should be enought. I don't see why it should be.