cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SolMan to External Service Desk Integration and vi e Versa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We have an requirement where we can integrate SolMan to Externakl service desk and vice versa. The External SD is accepting an XML file. To excahnge the messages we are using PI 7.0 as middleware. Now the questions are

1.how to create an Incident and how to send newly created incident out of SolMan. For this we have identified an webserivce "ICT_SERVICE_DESK_API". But no idea how the structure holds the data of ProcessIncident.

can anyone explain step by step procedure for this. Thanks in advance.

Best Regards

Veera

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Pelluri,

You can create incidents in your external ITSM tools without PI. Just check this link below:

Ticket System – STA Consulting

This would simplify both your landscape and end user processes.

Cheers!

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks

former_member204080
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi sebastian/veer

Could you please help with below query

We are also trying to configure external helpdesk in solman. We are using PI as middleware and intergrating Solman to SNOW

We have created a logical port in soamanager ,here we have given the soapadapter endpoint

URL Access Path:/XISOAPAdapter

Comupter name of Access URL:FQDN name

Port:52100

Ping webservice is working fine but when i try to create an external helpdesk in ICTCONF it gives connection error

External system PINEW_SERVICEDESK connection test error

Is there anything which needs to be done in PI for solman to establish connection from ICTCONF

Regards,

Murali

former_member204080
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi sebastian/veer

Could you please help with above Query .If there is any document on using PI as middleware for integrating solman  external service desk please share

Regards,

Murali

former_member204080
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

If any one has worked on above scneario could you please help with document

Regards,

Murali

TomCenens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Murali

What it does when you configure the connection in ICTCONF is request the System GUID (last field visible in ICTCONF transaction) of the system you are trying to connect to.

So you would have to ensure that when you make that call to the PI system, the PI system returns it's System GUID back to SAP Solution Manager.

Check the whitepaper on External Service desk (search google for SAP External Service Desk Whitepaper and check point 4. System Roles).

Kind regards

Tom

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Veera,

I am also trying to integrate an External Service Desk with SAP SOlution Manager Service Desk with SAP PI in between...

How did you get the IMG node "Configure Interface to Solution Manager Service Desk" working, when you were using PI as a middleware. I am always getting the error message " External System connection test error"....

What have been you settings in the HTTP connection (especially the path prefix) in IMG note "Create HTTP Connection" and in the Definition of the logical port in IMG note "Create Logical Port"...

Hope you can help me there as it seems you were able to finish the configuration in Solution manager sucessfully.

Thanks and Regards

Sebastian

Edited by: Sebastian Geissler on Oct 30, 2009 2:38 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

CLEARED

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sebastian,

I've faced the sam problem as you, got the error "External system connection test error".

But when I check connection in logical port and HTTP connection all is fine.

What could be the reason? How have you resolved it?

BR

Dmitriy

former_member204080
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sebastian,

We are also trying to configure external helpdesk in solman. We are using PI as middleware and intergrating Solman to SNOW

We have created a logical port in soamanager ,here we have given the soapadapter endpoint

URL Access Path:/XISOAPAdapter

Comupter name of Access URL:FQDN name

Port:52100

Ping webservice is working fine but when i try to create an external helpdesk in ICTCONF it gives connection error

External system PINEW_SERVICEDESK connection test error

Is there anything which needs to be done in PI for solman to establish connection from ICTCONF

Regards,

Murali

former_member209604
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Veera,

See also the answers in this thread:

[|]

Best regards,

Ruediger

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Veera,

Please use the following link. This shows Third Party interface with Service Desk.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Satish.