Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ALV to Excel inplace and return issue High

Former Member
0 Kudos

Folks;

I have delveloped and ALv program that uses standard SAP access to EXCEL inplace but also contains the selection button process to allow individual line items to be selected to be used for another process within the report.

I can click the Excel Icon and the ALV report downloads and displays properly in Excell inplace. The isue starts, when I manipulate the data in Excel inplace (sort data, sum totals and then display only sums) then click on VIEWS -> SAP LIST Viewer.

This causes one of three conditions to occur;

Either their system will lockup, cancels out all SAP sessions and leave Excel running in the background without any indication that it is still running, or the system will cause a dump.

I even tried with the SAP ddemo program BCALV_TEST_FULLSCREEN_LAYOUT and the same thing occurs with SAP programs.

Has anyone run accross this and found a solution? SAP Notes does not appear to have anything on this.

Thanks for any assistance.

Mike

1 REPLY 1

jordi_escodaruiz
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Michael:

I can reproduce what you say.

Maybe the problem is not from SAP, but from Excel. If you check the windows tasks (CTRL + ALT + DEL) and windows tasks, you will see that CPU is dedicated to Excel. If you finish the Excel process, then you get a blank screen in SAPGUI, and the transaction locked, but you can cancel transaction.

Sorry for not giving a solution, but is just a clue.

Regards

Jordi