Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Linking of planning calender to vendor master record

sushanta_dash
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Could you please let me know how I can determine a particular date of a week as the delivery date (Monday to Friday) by the vendor and plant combination.

That means

A purchase order created on 30 September for material X plant YYYY and vendor V1 has a receipt date of Friday 10 October.

As the fixed receipt date is Thursday, the actual delivery should occur on Thursday 16 October.

This receipt date based on fixed weekday must be the one computed by MRP calculation and appears on MD04 stock requirement list as actual receipt date.

(I have got how to make it for the plant, that is by giving the Planning cycle in the MRP2 view and for that we have to select time phased planning that is R1 in MRP type field in the MRP1 view.) I have also seen in the vendor master alternative data for a particular plant I can give the Delivery cycle and planning cycle but they don't determine according to vendor plant combination when I do MRP run in MD03 and see the PR s created.

Please let me if you need further explanation

Brownie points are waiting for helpful answers!!!!!!!!!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member581212
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

Planning calender for MRP is maintained at MD25....while the SCAL is the table to maintain all the values...

pls check...

This could help you...

Also if you want any more information abt planning calender, you can search for the SDN threads....

Regards

Priyanka.P

sushanta_dash
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Priyanka,

The answer given by you dosen't specifically target my question.

I have asked for a fixed delivery date from a week( Monday to Friday) for the vendor and plant combination.

Till now i have got how to determine a particular fixed day per plant but how to do it for the vendor plant combination.

Any way thanks for your answer, can any one give a specific answer to my question?

Sushanta

sushanta_dash
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All SAP gurus,

Do any one have any answer for this requirement?

Sushanta

sushanta_dash
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Prianka,

Could you please provide a solution to my question.

Or any other takers for the same?

Regards,

Sushanta

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

It seems whtever you have done is correct only,

In the PR's generated from MRP , do you have the Vendor assigned as the Primary source of supply.If you have not fixed the vendor then the vendor will not be determined & its defult values such as Delivery cycle & planning cycle will not take

effect.

Thanks & Regards

Kishore

sushanta_dash
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Kishore,

Thanks for the suggestion, but I have one question in my mind. If we have to determine the delivery date according to a particular vendor then we are maintaining the planning calender and delivery calender in the vendor sub range,and we are also maintaing the vendor in the source list for that plant and material and making the vendor as MRP relevant, then

Is there any need to give planning cycle in the MM record,as now we are not utilizing the material master record planning calender, instead of that we are using vendor subrange planning cycle and delivery cycle.( I tried to run MD03,after removing the planning calender in the MM record and I got the error "Error determining planning periods for calender")

More over what is the difference between the planning cycle field and delivery cycle field in the VM record?

Please let me know as this is a requirement from the client which we need to map ?

I am using MRP type PD and lot sizing as PK(period lot size for planning calender)

Regards,

Sushanta