Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time out not working in program

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I have a program that is not timing out after 2 or 3 hours of on-line execution. I have checked that the parameter abap.timeout and it is set to 5200 secs. I have been told that a commit work or a message statement will reset the timmer that controls this time out. However, the part of the code that is eating basiclly all the time does not contain either of these statements. Does any one know of where I could get a complete list of statements that reset the time out timmer?

On another related issue, when I executed the program in run time analysis it took the normal 2 and a half hours. And on return to the run time analyses main screen I recieved the error 'Unable to end the measurement (error number 5, Time limit reached)' Message no. S7 068. Without any extra information. It's obviously not suprising that the runtime analysis program refuse to analysis code that takes more than two hours to execute but could anyone tell me which parameter controls this time limit?

Thanks in advance for your help as I am in real need of it.

Jamie

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jamie,

In runtime analysis, these problems are there what you can do the best options in ECC6.0 is ST12 for doing both Run Time Analysis and SQL Trace. In ST12 you have the option to increase the timlimit so that your programs whole measurement will come in file which is generated by SAP.

Following are the steps for using ST12:

1. Open ST12. Click on Current Mode.

2. Enter the program name or transaction code for which you want to do the measurement.

3.There is button in the middle of the screen which has given the heading as 'Further opt.' there you can increase the file size to 99MB and at the bottom Max Trace Runtime which you can increase upto 2147483647 and enter.

4. Then Click on Execute.

5. Enter the inputs of the Selection screen.

6. After the program run is completed in the TRACE ANALYSIS section select your program and after that it appears in the Selected trace analysis box.

7. After that click on ABAP Trace that will give an exact analysis and for SQL Trace Click on Performance Trace.

8. and for Checking how much CPU Utilization and how much Data base utilization is required click on SUMMARY.

Thanks

Harsh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much. It was very helpful of you. That's one question answered, so can anyone tell me under what conditions an ABAP sentence resets the timmer? Because I still haven't found anything in the code that as far as I'm aware should reset the timmer.

0 Kudos

I'm not sure, but the statements GET TIME and GET RUN TIME may reset the timer as well.

Rob

naimesh_patel
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

COMMIT WORK will reset the timer to 0. SO, check if you have COMMIT WORK in a Loop which is being calling repeatativly.

Regards,

Naimesh Patel