cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extract data from Informix

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm trying to extract data from an Informix database. To do so, I installed the informix client 2.9 as recommanded in DI manuals, I can establish the connection successfully through ODBC, but when I try to read the table data, I get the following error code: restricted data type attribute violation (-11013).

I've done some tests to narrow down the problem, and I found out that the error is caused by a column of type "serial8" in the informix database (that i need to extract, otherwise the error won't occur). I tried to import it as an integer but that doesn't work neither.

Any ideas about this issue please ?

Best regards.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You will have create a view over the informix table in order to cast the serial data type to some other data type supported by DI, like integer for instance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

this looks like a bug, since its able to import the column its not a unsupported datatype for DI, looks like DI is not binding it to correct ODBC SQL type

are you able to insert data into this column through DI ?

you can file a incident/case with support for this

for workaround you will need to find something which will wrap this datatype into other datatype like varchar, may be through a view, so that it gets imported in DI as varchar or integer instead of double

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well yeah,

That's what I have done actually (I just forgot to update this thread).

I was actually able to create views over informix tables with serial data type, using a cast to integer, and then, I was able to extract data from those informix tables.

Indeed, the DI documentation states that the serial datatype in informix is not supported in DI...

I just wonder how I could solve that if I hadn't the right to create views in the production database....

Any thoughts ?