cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WM putaway strategy based on ABC sign (MARC-MAABC)

rob_smeets2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi folks,

one of our customers would like to know whether it's at all possible to create a putaway strategy that takes a material's rotational category (I.e. ABC category) into account. It appears that the field in question (MARC-MAABC) is only used for inventory sampling purposes.

Does anyone have an idea how to go about this, or have experience in setting up this sort of putaway strategy? (I assume I'd have to write one by myself).

By the way - I searched the forums before posting, but couldn't find anything remotely resembling what I'm asking here.

Answers will be rewarded.

Regards,

Rob

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rob,

What exactly are you trying to acheive here? Do you want to select a standard putaway strategy based on the ABC indicator? If so you can set the putaway stratey using the exit - MWMTO003 FM 'EXIT_SAPLL03A_001' to set the putaway strategy based on ABC indicator.

Thanks

Funky Tech.

rob_smeets2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

No, I'd like to have 'pallet' putaway strategy, but I want to base it on ABC category (A category needs to be picked from the most easily reachable storage bins, B category from slightly worse, and C from worst bins)

Then again, I might be trying to reinvent the wheel.

Maybe I can provide 3 different storage sections, with matching indicators, and a simple Z-program that sets the storage section indicator to match a material's ABC category.

Any ideas why this might or might not be a good idea?

Thanks,

Rob

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rob,

Based on the ABC indicator you can set the storage section with in the user exit MWMTO007 B 'EXIT_SAPML03T_002'. You just have to set the values 'C_LGTY1' and 'C_LGBE1' in this function module.

Thanks

Funky Tech.

rob_smeets2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hey, I'll check that out...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Rob have you been able to create the user exit for your putaway strategy? if yes, would you give me an idea how to start.

I want to place my stocks in the floor storage bin (which belongs to storage type 001) once this storage bin is full, I want to skip to the storage type 002 which is above the floor storage bin, so I prevent the system to offer me me the next empty bin in storage type 001.

Thanks you all for your comments.

Alejandro